It was a great day where industry professionals and alumni shared their stories in Hospitality, Entrepreneurship and Luxury. This event was for students who are interested to study a Business Degree with many specializations to choose from; Sales & Marketing, Human Resources, Hospitality, Finance Wealth Management & Real Estate, Culinary Arts, Luxury Brand Management, Entrepreneurship, Hotel Management, and many other industries related to Hospitality Management.
The event was held at a beautiful and luxurious property, The RuMa Hotel in Kuala Lumpur. We had two main industry speakers on this day. From the Valiram Group, Ms. Audrey Lee is the Human Resources assistant Vice President (Group Talent Acquisition). The Valiram Group is the ultimate brand of brands and are specialists in exceptional luxury, fashion and lifestyle retail experiences across Southeast Asia. Brands such as Rolex, Cartier, Chopard, Omega, Hugo Boss, TUMI, Bvlgari, Coach, Jimmy Choo, Michael Kors, Victoria Secret, Godiva Chocolates & TWG Tea and many more.
We also had our very own Swiss Alumni, Ms. Jovel Chan who is now the F&B Marketing Manager at AirAsia. She shared her career journey and how it all started with her choice to go to Les Roches Switzerland to take the BBA course.
Later, our audience was given a special live interaction and demonstration by the Executive Chef of RuMa Hotel & Residences, Mr. Tyson Gee where students were welcomed to also participate.
This was an exclusive Swiss Seminar which SUISSEedu had all their Swiss Universities presented in the same event; SOMMET EDUCATION – Les Roches and Glion and SWISS EDUCATION GROUP – Swiss Hotel Management School (SHMS), Cesar Ritz Colleges, Culinary Arts Academy Switzerland, IHTTI and Hotel Institute Montreux (HIM). Both University HQ Representatives were there to support the event.
A career talk was done by Mr. Gagan Talwar, the Hotel Manager of Hilton Central Kuala Lumpur; the Flagship property of Hilton in Malaysia. Swiss Alumni, Mr. Attiwat Benji Pearce also shared his stories studying in Switzerland and now having his own very successful spa business in Bangkok, Thailand & taking his brand internationally.
We had a lot of great stories on this day as we had a first time huge mix alumni discussion panel with total 8 alumni’s participating – 4 from Les Roches and 4 from SHMS. It was an open discussion where our parents and students could ask all their questions. At the end of the event, there was a mini coffee workshop where our students could learn from the barista expert on different coffee drinks making and coffee art.
Many amazing highlights from SUISSEedu visits to all SEG campuses.
Swiss Education Group is the largest private hospitality educator in Switzerland.
– Meeting the famous Chef Anton Mosimann: Who is the official chef for the UK Royal Family and Ms.Irma Dutsch: Renowned chef & restaurateur from La Gruyere, was the first female Swiss Woman to be awarded a Michelin Star.
– Having the privilege to see The Mosimann Collection: showcasing his celebration ceremonies with Queen Elizabeth, Prince Charles & Princess Diana, Prince William & Catherine Middleton and his latest menu for Prince Harry & Meghan Markle’s Wedding. All his International medals were showcased and as well the privileges to cook for Presidents, Prime Ministers, Royal Families around the World and famous actors & sports persons/athletics. Many more of his works are shown in the photos below.
– Visiting all SEG campuses and training Workshops – Swiss Hotel Management School, Culinary Arts Academy, Hotel Institute Montreux, Cesar Ritz Colleges and School of Hotel Management IHTTI
– Such an honor to be invited to the Official Inauguration of APICIUS – the brand new top-class culinary building of CAAS. The students are so lucky! I call it the FERRARI of all kitchens.
– Was really cool to be able to stay at The Freddie Mercury accommodations built by SEG partnership with the Freddie Mercury foundation. FM was the lead singer of the famous Queen Rock Group.
– Gives us so much joy to see all our students doing well and happy on the SEG campuses. In just after a couple of months or a year, we could see how much they have grown and matured with some currently doing their internship in Bali, Tokyo, USA and Switzerland.
We hosted our recent Les Roches and Glion seminar at the new and beautiful Four Seasons in Kuala Lumpur. We had the great pleasure to have the General Manager, Mr. Tom Roelens and Hotel Manager, Mr. Vinod Narayan give a personalized talk about their careers and how they ended up in their current position. They also discussed endless job opportunities a career in Hospitality provides & where it could lead you and how getting the right education background helps boost your career in this industry.
What made it special was also Mr. Vinod Narayan is a Les Roches alumni who shared his university days on the Swiss Alps. A presentation was conducted by Sommet Education, Ms. Shini Lim who providing great information to our guests on the specialization programs, scholarships and support the schools provided. Later, we had an open discussion panel with our 3 Les Roches alumni’s sharing their study and internship experiences.
There were many great questions and discussions from the audience. A huge thanks to Yung Ken Foo, Josephine Thang and Benjamin Lai. Always grateful for your support in our events. Lastly, our guests had a great opportunity for a personalized hotel tour around the new property.